JGW Legal Services Limited
What We Need
Why We Need Your Personal Information – Contractual Purposes
We need to collect our clients’ personal information so that we can perform our Service Agreement with you. We will use our clients’ personal information to:
• provide you with legal advice, including by communicating with you by email, letter and/or telephone, etc.;
• represent you as your solicitors in connection with your transaction;
• respond to and communicate with clients regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to your transaction re complaints and disciplinary procedures, for example, we will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, take disciplinary action, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to provide you with legal advice and /or represent you as your solicitors.
Why We Need Your Personal Information – Legitimate Purposes
We also process our clients’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote our services by sending clients communications with information for upcoming events and legal updates.
• invite our clients as guests to our events.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com If we comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a client.
Why We Need Your Personal Information – Legal Obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our clients for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
• the Law Society of Scotland requirements for solicitors;
• Anti-Money Laundering Statutory Provisions and legal requirements.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep our clients’ personal data for a minimum period of six years and thereafter we will destroy the hard copies of your data in accordance with the policy of the Law Society of Scotland.
We have a data retention policy that sets out the periods for retaining and reviewing all information that we hold. This sets out different retention periods depending on the type of work involved and you can request a copy by contacting us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at 18 High Street, Kinross KY13 8AN or by email email@example.com
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by JGW Legal Services Limited will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk